WHAT IS DOI?
According to current ISO norm, a Digital Object Identifier is a character string used to identify either an object in any digital or electronic format, or an abstraction (like a text) which requires to be functionally distinguished from other elements (ISO Norm 26324).
To put it on a simple way, a Digital Object Identifier allows to get access to identified contents through their registered metadata.
Crossref offers a variety of services associated to DOI to guarantee the registration, linking, distribution and preserving of registered metadata.
- Is the Digital Object Identifier more used worldwide in academic contexts.
- More visibility (Crossref counts more than 11000 affiliates)
- It helps to increase the status of your publication.
- Accuracy in metadata
- Records of citations by article
- Is a unique persistente identifier.
- Efficient URL updating
- Easier and more accurate affiliation to Crossref
BITECA DOI SERVICES
- Thorough control of metadata quality.
- Checking of duplicates.
- Implementation and updating of Crossmark
- Validation of Reference Linking.
- Implementation of Cited-by (in those institutions that acquire OJS services with us)
- Loading of content to Similarity Check
- Keeping track of DOI statistics
- Training on DOI to your team
- Full DOI support for one year.