Open Monograph Systems is an open-source software developed by the PKP (http://pkp.sfu.ca/). It is a software platform for managing the editorial workflow required to see monographs, edited volumes, and scholarly editions through internal and external review, editing, cataloguing, production, and publication. OMP can also operate as a press website with catalog, distribution, and sales capacities.
- Handle edited volumes, with different authors for each chapter;
- Involve editors, authors, reviewers, designers, indexers, and others in book production;
- Utilize industry standard ONIX for bookseller metadata requirements (e.g., Amazon);
- Handle thumbnail covers
- Publish digital documents (PDF, EPUB, etc.)
- Handle DOI for monographs.